Your success as an appliance repair technician is our #1 goal. Yes, you can master all the skills of appliance repair with our training courses, but we don’t stop there. After you graduate, whether you need to access tech sheets and schematics, stay up-to-date on changing technologies, or run a tricky problem by other appliance repair masters, we’re here to help.
That’s why we give every new Master Samurai Tech student a free 6-month membership to our sister site, Appliantology.org. The two go together hand in glove for the best appliance repair training experience money can buy. Or, at least, that’s what we’ve heard from our alumni about Appliantology.
What is Appliantology?
Appliantology.org is the biggest and best online resource for working appliance repair techs, where you can find:
- Tech-only forums where thousands of dedicated techs exchange tips, tricks, and know-how every month
- Access to all the schematics and service manuals you need (and in the rare case you can’t find it, just request it!)
- New webinar recordings from the Master Samurai himself, covering both fundamental and advanced topics, plus a huge library of additional training content to support your Master Samurai Tech education
In order to maintain the quality of this community—keeping it private and ad-free, moderating discussions, adding content constantly, and providing monthly prizes to our most engaged appliantologists—it is necessary that we charge a small yearly membership fee.
The mermbership fee for Appliantology is $197 / year, but because we know how incredibly useful Appliantology is for students and alumni looking to put their training into practice, we offer two options for free memberships (plus a free course on how to use and maximize the value of Appliantology).
Our Free Appliantology Membership Packages
- Every new Master Samurai Tech student receives a free 6-month Student Membership, so they can access this valuable resource from day one of their training.
How to register: The sign-up form is in the Appliantology 101 course, which all students can access.* Go through Units 1, 2, and 3, then you’ll be good to go. (* You’ll find Appliantology 101 in your list of courses on the Members Area page, which is the page you land on when you log in. Or, if you’re already logged in, click “My Courses” in the campus menu.)
- Every Master Samurai Tech student who receives their certification in our Core Appliance Repair Training course receives a free 1-year Alumni Membership! And that’s just to start!
How to register: For details on our certification program, including how to qualify and what you receive, check out our MST certification page. Once you’re certified, just fill out this short form, we’ll review it and set up your Appliantology account mo’scratchie (that’s Samurai-speak for “quickly”).
What do we mean by “And that’s just to start?”
Well, unlike our normal membership, alumni can re-up their Alumni Membership without paying a cent. How? Each year, when your Alumni Membership comes up for renewal, we will check to see whether you have a roughly 1:1 post to download ratio (i.e. you need to post one comment for every service manual or schematic you download). If you pass, we will renew your Alumni Membership for another year, free of charge.
This is super easy to do, and active Appliantology members easily exceed this ratio without even trying. And why wouldn’t you try? You can save hundreds of dollars every year by being a helpful part of your community. Heck, you can even win prizes!